15-30 (depending on the size) jalapenos cut in half, seeded and deveined
½ lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve 1 T. of the drippings)
1/4 cup minced red onion
1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
3 tablespoons minced garlic
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 and set a rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Place jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Turn broiler on medium.
3. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic to leftover bacon drippings and cook to soften for about 5 minutes. Remove and place in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, then add cream cheese and Parmesan. Mix ingredients thoroughly.
4. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture into each jalapeno half, and top with 1/2 teaspoon of mozzarella cheese.
5. Place the sheet tray of stuffed peppers in oven and broil until mozzarella cheese melts.