Our farm liability insurance policy provides bodily injury and property damage liability coverage.
Farm liability insurance does not include coverage for your property. If that interests you, consider farm property insurance, or the packaged liability and property protection of a farmowners insurance policy.
Types of Coverage
Liability coverage will help you pay for bodily injury and property damage that you are legally liable to pay. For example, if your child breaks the neighbor's window playing baseball, or if a visitor slips and falls on your icy sidewalk, your personal liability coverage can help protect you.
Medical payments coverage will help you pay for reasonable medical payments if someone is accidentally hurt or injured
- While on your property.
- Through some activity that involves you or your family members.
Medical payments coverage will not apply to injuries sustained by you or members of your family who live with you.
The following liability coverage options are included with your farm liability insurance policy:
- Residence employees not used in farming and not covered by workers compensation
- Owned recreational motor vehicles on your premises
- Swimming pools
- Some outboard motors, inboard motors, inboard/outboard motors, sail boats, and personal watercraft
- Motorized equipment, such as power lawn mowers, used to service the premises
Additional Coverage Options
In addition to the items described above, you may be able to obtain or expand coverage for the following items under your Shelter farm liability insurance policy:
- Animal collision
- Farm employee coverage
- Limited pollution liability – increased limits
- Medical payments for named insureds
- Additional rented residences on premises (except businesses)
- Liability and medical payments for business pursuits
- Clerical office employees engaged wholly in office work
- Salespersons, collectors, or messengers
- School administrators
- Personal injury liability
- Watercraft (exceeding existing coverage limits)
Additional coverage options may vary by state. See an agent for details.
The product information contained on this website is informational only and not a statement of contract. All coverage options are subject to the provisions of the policy purchased and details of the policyholder's situation.