Junior Special Life Insurance can help your child lock in a lower premium rate. It can also guarantee their ability to secure coverage as adults, even if they develop health problems after childhood. Specifically, a Junior Special policy
- Provides up to $20,000 of coverage until age 26 with a one-time premium payment.
- May be purchased for children or grandchildren age 17 and younger.
- May be converted at age 25 to a permanent life insurance policy with up to five times the original face value.
Converting your Junior Special policy
There are several options available for converted Junior Special insurance policies:
- A waiver of premium. This allows the premium to be waived after six months of total disability.
- A guarantee of insurability. This allows for the purchase of additional life insurance at certain intervals without proof of good health.
The product information contained on this website is informational only and not a statement of contract. All coverage options are subject to the provisions of the policy purchased and details of the policyholder's situation.
Shelter Life Insurance Company, 1817 West Broadway, Columbia, MO 65218
Policy form #L-096.4 in CO, IA, KS, KY, MS, MO, NV; L-096.5 in AR, LA, NE, TN; L-096.6 in IN; L-096.7 in OK; L-096.8 in IL. Not available in all states.