Pumpkin Spice Caramel Banana Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour + extra to coat pan
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
6 mashed bananas
1/2 cup caramel bits (Look for these in the baking aisle of your grocery store. They are usually with the chocolate chips.)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix by hand
4. Mix in mashed bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla beating until smooth
5. Stir in caramel bits
6. Pour into a properly greased and floured loafed pan (approx 9x4x4)
7. Bake 60 -65 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean
8. Remove from oven and cool loaf in pan on a wire rack until cool enough to handle, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Slice and drizzle with caramel, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of http://sparklesofyum.com/2016/08/pumpkinspicecaramelbananabread/.