Pumpkin Crunch Cake
1 can pumpkin puree - 15 ounce
1 can evaporated milk - 12 ounce
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugars, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and well combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture and use you hands to gently press it into the batter.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with chopped pecans and evenly drizzle the melted butter over the entire cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. At this point, check your cake. If the top is becoming to brown, cover the cake with a piece of foil for the remaining baking time. Continue baking an additional 10-20 minutes or until set.
- Remove pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Chill for a few hours before serving.
- If desired, top with whipped cream and chopped pecans before serving.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/pumpkin-crunch-cake/