Hot Caramel Apple Cider
Ingredients for Cider:
- 12 oz. apple juice
- 3 T. cinnamon dolce syrup (recipe below)
- Whipped cream (optional for garnish)
- Caramel syrup (optional for garnish)
Ingredients for Cinnamon Dolce Syrup:
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 ½ c. water
- 1 c. brown sugar
Directions for Cider:
- Add syrup to the apple juice in a microwavable cup. Microwave until very warm, between 1-2 minutes.
- Add whipped cream to the top and drizzle with caramel syrup, if desired.
Directions for Syrup:
- Break cinnamon sticks into smaller pieces and add to water in a small pot. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Once syrup has cooled, remove the sticks and discard.
- Add brown sugar to the cinnamon water mixture and heat on low; stir until dissolved. Let cool, and refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to use.