1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 cups beef broth
1 can carrots, drained
1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can corn, drained
1 can peas, drained
2 large potatoes – peeled, cubed
1 t. oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown ground beef. When it's almost done, add the onion.
2. While the ground beef is cooking, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 5-10 minutes. You don't want them to be completely cooked.
3. Drain ground beef and put it in a large pan or Dutch oven.
4. Add remaining ingredients (including partially cooked potatoes) to the ground beef mixture.
5. Simmer for 30-45 minutes. If it seems too thick, add some water or additional beef broth to reach the desired consistency.