When to Review Your Insurance Coverage
Big life changes don't happen every year, but when they do, we would like to meet with you for a personal insurance review, especially if any of the following occurred:
- Your Marital Status Changed - If you recently married or divorced, you might need to add or remove names from auto and life policies.
- You Got a New House - If you built or bought a home last year, you will need a new policy for that home. You may also want to increase your life insurance coverage so your family can pay the mortgage payments if something happens to you.
- You Became a Parent - When a child comes into your life, you should increase your life insurance coverage to provide income for them if something happens to you.
- You Got a New Car - If you purchased a different car last year, you need to make sure anyone who drives it is covered. In addition, if you have a lender, they may require coverage you don't currently have.
- You Remodeled Your Home - Did you add on to or update your house last year? If so, you may need to increase your homeowners coverage.
- You Acquired Valuable New Items - If you now own items such as jewelry or art, make sure they are covered with a personal articles policy.
- You Got Your First Place - Renters insurance is a great idea if you live in an apartment or condo. Your landlord may have insurance, but it will not cover your belongings or provide you with liability protection.
These are just a few examples of when an insurance review is helpful, but we are always happy to help you review your coverage any time your needs change and let you know if you qualify for any discounts.Share This: