Whole Life Insurance will provide protection from the day you purchase the policy until you die. In addition, premiums will remain the same throughout the life of the policy.
A Whole Life Insurance policy may let you:
- Earn annual dividends1, which will be paid in cash, left to accumulate interest, or used to reduce premiums or purchase additional coverage.
- Take a policy loan against the policy cash value and the cash value of any paid-up addition.
Additionally, your beneficiaries can use the proceeds to
- Pay off mortgages and other outstanding debts.
- Avoid having to sell assets or incur debt to cover any estate taxes and other expenses.
Other Policy Options
There are several coverage options that can be purchased:
- Waiver of Premium Rider - This allows the premium to be waived after 180 consecutive days of total disability.
- Accidental Death Benefit Rider - This may increase the death benefit if death occurs as the result of an accident.
- Guaranteed Insurability Rider - This allows for the purchase of additional life insurance at certain intervals without proof of good health.
- Paid-Up Additional Insurance Rider - This allows for the purchase of additional life insurance, with proof of good health, while premium is still being paid. This rider can increase your policy's surrender value and death benefit and can also earn dividends.1
1 Dividends are not guaranteed.
The product information contained on this website is informational only and not a statement of contract. All coverage options are subject to the provisions of the policy purchased and details of the policyholder's situation.
Shelter Life Insurance Company, 1817 West Broadway, Columbia, MO 65218
Policy form #ICC18-4 in all 15 of our operating states.