20-Pay Whole Life Insurance from Shelter Insurance® lets you pay off your policy in 20 years, while providing protection for the rest of your life, as long as you pay the premiums when due.
Like other Shelter whole life insurance plans, premiums will remain the same during the premium-paying period of the policy. But there are a couple of advantages to this policy relative to our other plans:
- If you start early enough, you can complete your payments before you retire, when you might face a fixed or reduced income.
- Purchasing a policy for your kids or grandkids could be advantageous because the premiums tend to be lower when the person is younger.
A 20-Pay Whole Life Insurance policy may also:
- Earn an annual dividend1, which may be paid in cash, left to accumulate interest, used to reduce premiums or purchase additional coverage.
- Allow you to borrow the cash value and the cash value of any paid-up additions.
- Let you withdraw the cash value of any paid-up additions and/or any dividend left to accumulate interest.
- Appoint a charity as a beneficiary of your policy.
Additionally, your beneficiaries can use the proceeds to:
- Pay off mortgages and other outstanding debts.
- Avoid having to sell assets or incur debt to cover estate taxes and other expenses.
Other Available Benefits
There are several optional benefits that can be purchased include:
- A Waiver of Premium Rider. Allows the premium to be waived after 180 consecutive days of total disability.
- An Accidental Death Benefit Rrider. May increase the death benefit if death occurs as a result of an accident.
- A Guaranteed Insurability Rider. Allows for the purchase of additional life insurance at certain intervals without proof of good health.
- A Paid-Up Additional Insurance Rider. Allows for the purchase of additional life insurance, with proof of good health, while premium is still being paid. The rider may increase your policy's surrender value and death benefit and can also earn dividends.1
1 - Dividends are not guaranteed.
The product information contained on this website is informational only and not a statement of contract. All coverage options are subject to the provisions of the policy purchased and details of the policyholder's situation.
Shelter Life Insurance Company, 1817 West Broadway, Columbia, MO 65218
Policy form #ICC18-4 in all of our 15 operating states.