A Shield You Can Count On
A career as a Shelter Insurance® agent can provide you with many of the rewards you want out of life, and you can feel confident that the products you sell are supported by a company that has a long and financially strong history:
- Regional company established in 1946, now operating in 15 states
- More than 3,000 agents and employees
- Consistently rated "A" for Excellent by A.M. Best
- More than $1.9 billion in annual written premium in 2020
- More than $29.2 billion worth of life insurance in force in 2020
- Policyholder surplus exceeded $2.1 billion in 2020
- Total assets under management grew to more than $6 billion in 2020
In addition to financial stability, we pride ourselves on delivering on the promises we make to those we insure every day.
Products/Claims from Shelter Insurance on Vimeo.
For simplicity, the term "agent" is often used by Shelter when referring to sales positions. Specific conditions of positions may differ.
Shelter Insurance® agents are independent contractors, not employees of Shelter Insurance. As such, our agents are subject to a written contract. These agents may employ agency staff, who are not employees of Shelter Insurance.