A Shield You Can Count On
A career as a Shelter Insurance® agent can provide you with many of the rewards you want out of life, and you can feel confident that the products you sell are supported by a company that has a long and financially strong history:
- Regional company established in 1946, now operating in 15 states
- More than 3,000 agents and employees
- Consistently rated "A" for Excellent by A.M. Best
- More than $1.4 billion in annual written premium in 2015
- More than $24 billion worth of life insurance in force in 2015
- Policyholder surplus exceeded $1.8 billion in 2015
- Total assets under management grew to more than $5 billion in 2015
In addition to financial stability, we pride ourselves on delivering on the promises we make to those we insure every day.
For simplicity, the term "agent" is often used by Shelter when referring to sales positions. Specific conditions of positions, including compensation, benefits, and other factors may differ.