You Don't Buy Life Insurance for Yourself
A house, a family…you're livin' the dream! But what would happen if you were no longer there to help financially support that dream? Would your family be able to afford the lifestyle you want them to have without your income? Level Term Life Insurance provides an affordable life insurance option for many young families, helping them to cover financial obligations which will shrink or disappear over time, like a mortgage, car payment, or student loans. Term life can also help families cover expenses such as funerals, existing credit card debts, monthly bills, taxes and even education expenses for your kids.
Term life insurance is typically used for a set amount of time. We offer Level Term Life Insurance plans for periods of 10, 20 and 30 years. Features for these policies include:
- Premiums that remain the same throughout the guaranteed level premium period.
- A Guaranteed Death Benefit of $100,000 or more, as long as premiums are paid when they are due.
- Premiums and benefits that are renewable to age 95.
- An Accelerated Benefit provision, which allows a one-time withdrawal of up to 50 percent1 of the death benefit if the insured is terminally ill with a life expectancy of 12 months or less.
But Wait! There's More…
You can also:
- Convert to a permanent life insurance policy without proof of good health during the conversion period.
- Continue the policy at the end of the level premium period. Rates will adjust annually based on your age.
- Purchase the Waiver of Premium rider*, which allows the premium to be waived after 180 days of total disability.
- Buy an Accidental Death Benefit rider*, which may increase the death benefit in case of accidental death.
This page gives you a taste of the Level Term Life Insurance policies we offer. If you have questions or would like to learn more about the specialized coverage options that may be available for you and your lifestyle, contact a local Shelter agent.
*Must meet underwriting guidelines
1 Requested amount must be between $10,000 and $250,000.
The product information contained on this website is informational only and not a statement of contract. All coverage options are subject to the provisions of the policy purchased and details of the policyholder's situation.
Shelter Life Insurance Company, 1817 West Broadway, Columbia, MO 65218
Form #ICC19-1. Available in all 15 states in our operating territory.
This coverage description assumes you will be the person insured and the owner of the policy. If your circumstances differ, please refer to the policy and/or rider forms for a specific explanation of your rights and coverages.