The Power of Going Paperless
Managing insurance policies and coverage options can generate a large volume of paperwork. If you prefer filing and storing that paperwork personally, Shelter will continue to mail it to you. If you would like to receive less mail and keep your insurance information electronically, take these two easy steps:
- Set up a My Shelter account
- During registration, you’ll be able to set your Mailing Preferences to email.
Already Have a My Shelter Account?
Log in to your My Shelter account and click on Mailing Preferences. You can select email and we’ll begin sending your documents to the email address you provide.
Frequently Asked Questions about Going Paperless:
- What will I receive via email?
- Account-related emails, such as verification of password reset and updates made to your policies.
- Notifications of new policy documents, billing notices and other policy-related updates.
- If I choose email will I receive any documents via U.S. mail?
- Claims-related documents, policy termination letters, certificates of insurance and a few other rare documents will continue to be sent via U.S. mail.
- Also, in the event your email address is no longer valid we will reach out via U.S. mail requesting an update to your email address within your My Shelter account.
- What happens if I change my email address?
- You can update your email address within your My Shelter account at any time.
- In the event that your email address is no longer valid, we will deliver your documents via USPS mail.
- Can I choose email or U.S. mail for each of my Shelter policies?
- Absolutely! Make updates to your mailing preferences through your My Shelter account at any time.
If you have other questions, please contact us or call 1-800-SHELTER (1-800-743-5837). The power of going paperless is a great way to keep track of your insurance policies, so create an account or log in to your My Shelter account and switch to email today!