Protect yourself with our business owners insurance coverage options
Shelter's business owners insurance provides a range of coverage options.
Types of Coverage
Building coverage applies to your building and all attached additions and extensions. It also covers
- Fixtures, machinery, and equipment permanently attached to your building and used to service it.
- On-site construction material you plan to use in repairing or altering the buildings.
- Working outdoor antennas or reception dishes.
- Floor coverings.
Other structures coverage applies to structures designed to service your building that are permanently attached to the premises, but not to your building. Examples include
- Yard fixtures.
- Swimming pools.
Personal property coverage applies to the contents of your building and other structures. It includes you and your tenant's property. Specific items include
- Furniture, fixtures, merchandise, stock, and supplies.
- Refrigeration and ventilation equipment.
- Cooking, dishwashing, and laundering equipment.
- Outdoor furniture.
- Tenant improvements acquired at your expense.
Loss of Income
If property damage or loss occurs, you will be reimbursed for the resulting loss of net income.
Liability coverage will help you pay for bodily injury and property damage that you are legally liable to pay. For example, if your child breaks the neighbor's window playing baseball, or if a visitor slips and falls on your icy sidewalk, your personal liability coverage can help protect you.
Medical payments coverage will help you pay for reasonable medical payments if someone is accidentally hurt or injured
- While on your property.
- Through some activity that involves you or your family members.
Medical payments coverage will not apply to injuries sustained by you or members of your family who live with you.
The following coverage options are included with your business owners insurance policy:
Additional Coverage Options
In addition to the items described above, you may be able to get coverage for the following items under your Shelter business owners insurance policy:
- Extended coverage for outdoor radio and television equipment
- Garage keepers legal liability
- Earthquake (not available in all areas)
- Trees, shrubs, plants, and lawns — windstorm
- Piers, bulkheads, wharves, and docks, including collapse
- Replacement cost coverage, business personal property
- Valuable papers — increased limit
- Products and completed operations
- Glass coverage for building (tenants)
- Loss assessment for business condo
- Accounts receivable — increased limit
- Burglary and robbery — increased limit
Additional coverage options may vary by state. See an agent for details.
The product information contained on this website is informational only and not a statement of contract. All coverage options are subject to the provisions of the policy purchased and details of the policyholder's situation.