Information security is a hot topic these days, and for good reason—it's important to keep your personal information secure and change your passwords frequently. To do this, Shelter has upgraded and improved our site's performance and we are introducing a new login system for My Shelter accounts. These changes require all current policyholders to validate their account and update their password.
Here is what you will need to successfully reset your account:
- Your My Shelter Account User ID or email address used on your account
- Access to the email address on your account OR
- A policy number listed within your account
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number
Once you verify your identity you will be asked to create a new password. The password rules have changed to keep up with industry recommendations and make it easier for you to protect your personal information. Here's what to keep in mind when creating your new password:
- It must be at least 10 characters long
- It cannot contain the word "Shelter"
After you've successfully reset your password, you'll be good to go.
Other Notable Changes to www.shelterinsurance.com:
- You no longer need to remember your User ID to sign in; the email address listed on your account with your password will work.
- Security questions are no longer used when resetting your password but you will have to verify your identity in ways mentioned above.
Do You Use Our Mobile App?
If so, you'll need to make sure you update it. If you have not completed the password reset prior to using the app, you'll be prompted to create a new password at that time from within the app.
If you have any questions about these changes, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-SHELTER (1-800-743-5837).