- 1 (12 ounce) package breakfast sausage links
- 6 English muffins, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 – 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly, cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place English muffin cubes in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- Layer with sausage, cheese, onions, and bell peppers.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake at 350° for 45 – 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
For more of our recipes, check out our Pinterest board.